- 1 (3-3.5lb.) corned beef brisket
- 1 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 2 tsp. whole black peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- 10 small whole white onions (about 1 lb.)
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in quarters
- 1 medium rutabaga, peeled and cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1 small head of cabbage cut into 8 wedges
Mustard Sauce Ingredient
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup horseradish mustard
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
Heat oven to 325 degrees. Place beef brisket in roaster. Pour juices and spices over brisket, cover and bake for 2 hours.
Add the veggies, cover back upa dn bake an additional 1-1.5 hours or until brisket is fork tender and the veggies are to a desired doneness.
While that is finishing, beat heavy whipping cream in chilled small bowl on high until soft peeks are formed. Gently stir in Horseradish, mustard and vinegar by hand. Serve mustard sauce with brisket and veggies.